1. Position mounting plate on tailgate approximately 1/2″ from edge of tailgate and 1/8″ from top edge of tailgate, check to be sure there is no interference with the closing of the tailgate. Slide the mounting plate as close to the edge and top of tailgate without interfering with closing of tailgate and then secure to tailgate with self- tapping screws.
2. Attach rail / step assembly to pivot plate using the nut plates with spacers and nuts. Snug the nut, but do not overtighten as the pivot plate needs to slide up and down on the step assembly freely. Be sure the spacer is centered in slot on rails before tightening the nut.
3. Insert rubber feet into the bottom of the leg extensions and secure using two bolts and nut plate for each leg extension.
4. Align tabs on the pivot plate with the notches in the mounting plate. Rotate clockwise to lock mounting plate to the pivot plate. Once secure, lower rail / step assembly to the ground. Insert leg extensions and adjust to the desired height that allows the rail / step assembly to sit firmly on the ground at about 20⁰ to 25⁰angle or when step surface is parallel to the ground. Once legs are at desired height and angle, use (2) nuts and bolts to secure the extensions to the rails.
5. Rotate ladder straight across tailgate and locate the best spot to mount the tailgate holder and ladder and clip assembly and bolt the ladder clip to ladder rail and then slide tailgate holder over clip and attach to tailgate using self-tapping screws.